Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Dancing to the Finals

I can't believe the DWTS season eight finale is next week! Insanity. It feels like this season has literally flown by.

So to quickly recap, we're down to three pairs: Shawn Johnson and Mark Ballas, Melissa Rycroft and Tony Dovolani, and Gilles Marini and Cheryl Burke.

At this point, I think that barring a total meltdown, Gilles will take the Mirrorball Trophy handily. But will he face the finale red light in the company of Melissa or Shawn? I'm hoping for Shawn. I'd like to see Shawn take the whole competition. I love her attitude, her drive, and her dancing skills. But I don't think she'll win. I'm not in Melissa's camp for two reasons: 1) She didn't do the group dance a few weeks back and still got a score for it. BOOOO. I know, rules are rules, but it pisses me off. 2) I still don't think she's a real celeb. Sorry. Humiliating yourself by appearing on national TV in search of a husband (in the form of a man you've never even MET, no less) doesn't really give you true celebrity status.

But all of those ruminations aside, here are my guesses:
1 - Gilles and Cheryl will take the Mirrorball Trophy.
2 - Melissa's 'oh that poor girl!' fans will carry her and Tony to second place.
3 - Which leaves Shawn in third. Sigh. Again, not what I *want* to see, but what I *suspect* will happen.

Happy dancing!

No comments:

Post a Comment