Monday, May 4, 2009

Week Nine Tonight!

More Dancing with the Stars tonight on ABC! Week nine already. How did that happen?

As my fellow afficionados know, five couples remain: Ty and Chelsie, 'Lil Kim and Derek, Melissa and Tony, Gilles and Cheryl, and Shawn and Mark. And that, folks, is the order in which I'd like to see them eliminated from here on out.

Ty and Chelsie. I love Ty. He's my feel-good contestant of the season. Before the season premiered, I had him pegged to make an early exit, somewhere between The Woz and Holly Madison. But he impressed me big time! His stiff rodeo-carriage makes him a ballroom natural, and well, he's not great at Latin, but he's certainly not awful in that department, either. I'm only pegging him to hit the road tonight because of the five remaining celebs, he IS the weakest overall perfomer. Still love him, though.

'Lil Kim and Derek. Sigh. I think Kim is horribly overrated. The judges love her and I don't really understand why. Almost everything she does is oversexed and she makes me cringe. Is she better than I'd guessed she'd be? Absolutely. But the 'self' that she puts into her performances is a little too much for this gal.

Melissa and Tony. Honestly, after not perfoming last week, I wanted Melissa to go home. I still think it's unfair that she received a group dance score when she didn't even DO the dance. I'm sorry she's injured, but she should bow out and let Chuck and Julianne have their place in the top five. (And I know - rules are rules and Steve-O and Lacey were judged on their rehearsal performance several weeks ago. But this rule needs to be revisited.) Anyway, she's good, but a) she's not a real celeb, IMO, and b) well, the whole injury-thing irks me.

Giles and Cheryl. Gilles is such a knockout, drag-down great dancer. A bit too frenetic at times, but so graceful in those ballroom numbers that he almost makes me swoon! Add to that the chemistry that he and Cheryl have and ooooooh... they make me blush almost every week. I had him pegged for the finale early on, and I'm sticking to my guns on this one.

Shawn and Mark. I don't know how likely it is, but I really want Shawn to take the trophy. She's a great dancer. I thought she'd be good form the get-go, but she's been even better than I'd imagined. And she's only 17! I know some people are tired of that line, but it's true. She's just past that super-awkward phase for teens, and she's able to work it with the best of celebs. Love her work ethic and her drive to succeed.

So that's what I think.

Go here to see my recap of the last DWTS episode, just to refresh your memory for tonight's ninth night of competition!
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1694045/dancing_with_the_stars_2009_spring.html?cat=39

See y'all later!

No comments:

Post a Comment